Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

You always have a choice.

I've been thinking a lot lately about choices.  I don't have a specific reason for it, it's just been on my mind in general.

I recently made the decision to get better.  To recover. 

I've never really thought of it as a choice before.  It's always been something that I've thought of as something that would just happen with time.  But it's not like that.  Things happen...and then more things happen.  As long as I'm alive, things will keep happening... because that's kind of part of what life is.

And as more things have happened in my life, it's gotten easier and easier to make excuses.  Like.. "Well I can't get better because this happened".. or "I can't get better because this other thing might happen".  But those excuses have been nothing but a waste of time. 

As I made excuses, I was really just letting myself get sicker and sicker.  Because that was easier.

It's easier to stay the same than to wake up and choose to change.  But what I've realized, above all else, is that recovery is a choice.  A choice that nobody else can make for me.

Recovery is also a complete lifestyle change.. but I'll get into that more at a later time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment