Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last post of 2013.. :)

It's December 31.  And oh my god, what a year it's been.  It's been full of ups and downs, some of them pretty big.  More than pretty big.

Honestly, it's been a life-changing year, and while there have been some pretty difficult times, it's also been an incredible adventure.  I've learned a lot about myself, about love, and about the world around me.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I don't have any resolutions going into this new year.  There's nothing that I want to wake up tomorrow and start doing.  I don't think life works that way anymore.. I don't think you can just wake up and out of nowhere change who you are.  It's a process, and it's one that I would like to think I've already started.

I'm constantly changing.

One thing that I have been thinking about a lot over the past couple weeks though (and no, this is not a New Year's resolution, it's bigger than that).. I want to start saying yes to life.  And not just literally... I don't want to keep saying no to doing things that I may actually end up loving.  I know I can't say yes to everything, but I certainly don't want to keep saying no as much as I have in the past.. because this year, the fact that life really is short and can be taken away at any time, was made all too real.  I want to feel like I have lived my life to its full potential.

And on that note... I am off to celebrate the end of one year, and the start of the next trip around the sun.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment