Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Here We Go Again

I think things are finally getting back on track for me.  It's been one hell of a month.

I've been really struggling with myself lately, and just with life in general.  I've been doing a lot of things I shouldn't, like avoiding the people I need to surround myself with most.  Completely isolating myself.  I think that's about the most unhealthy thing I can do for myself right now.

I came so close to relapsing back into my self-destructive ways.  There have been several times in the past couple weeks where it would have been so easy for me to either pick up a blade or get completely smashed.  But somehow, with the help of whatever higher power or god or whatever it is watching over me, I didn't.  I'm not drunk, and I haven't hurt myself.

Today, I started getting back into good habits.  Went out this afternoon with friends, and actually socialized.  I did a lot of thinking, made some decisions. 

And on Tuesday, I'll still be able to celebrate 8 months free of self-harming.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment